This Mexican inspired Creamy Cilantro Chicken is great any time of year. Covered in a creamy and flavorful sauce, this chicken is great over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or even as a unique and tasty nacho topper.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 TSP Canola or Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1/2 Cup Vivian’s Live Again Creamy Chicken Soup Mix
- 3/4 TSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 TSP Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Cumin
- 2 1/2 TBSP Lime Juice
- Brown the Chicken in a frying pan with the oil.
- Remove the Chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the Onion, Green Pepper, and Garlic and sauté together 5 minutes.
- Pour in water and whisk in soup mix. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in Cilantro, Red Pepper Flakes, Cumin, Salt and Pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add Lime Juice.
- Add the Chicken back into the sauce in pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
*For a faster variation of this recipe for a quick meal, use canned chicken and do a quick sauté of the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Then add in the water and soup mix, bring to a boil, and add in the rest of the ingredients. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa, or tortilla chips.